Friday, January 16, 2009

Dream a little dream of stuff

Anyone big on dream analysis?

I think sometimes they make a wee bit of sense. But most of the time you've got a better chance telling me my cat's personality based on how she walks down the stairs.

Over analytical psych grads with fuck-all to do analyse dreams. Go talk manic-depressives out of suicide or something.

Point being sometimes your psyche just wants to take a massive shit in your subconscious.

My dream last night:

A friend calls me while I'm at sort of an island bungalow in the daytime. Telling me she can get a 146 inch television for something like 10 bucks. I'm all, "FUCKING EXPLAIN HOW YOU'RE GONNA DO THAT". It apparently involves trading in my current TV for a 60" one then trading that up to the fucking colossus. And paying 10 bucks.

At that point I'm all, "Fucking hook me up". But for some reason she said she couldn't do it anymore.

Night falls and a party starts. I eat some food, walk about. People are having a good time. Some nerds show up and follow me around asking stupid questions about what I've been up to in the last couple of years. My friend Swedish shows up and I hang out with him instead. Some small dude that's been giving me dirty looks all night comes over and shoves 200 bucks in my face. His girlfriend(friend?) asks me how tall I am. I said just about 6 feet.

Small guy goes, "200 bucks if you can outdrink us. 1 for 1 tequila shots but we're doing it in halves". Having been in a proper tequila knock-em-out before, I tell shortypants 200 bucks ain't worth it, especially at 1/2:1. So we negotiate to 600, and after 3-4 shots they're drunk enough to be taking full glasses instead of the halves they agreed to.

As I was about to win, I woke up. Upset that I'm neither high or 600 bucks richer :(


Now I'm hungry.

No comments: