Sunday, March 1, 2009

Copywriters using macs





When I told people I was getting a macbook there were only two responses:

1)You fucker.
2)Why would you do that? You're a writer, not an art director.

My response:

1)SUCKS TO BE YOU

2)I don't know why there is this stigma that macs are better for design and photo editing, so if you're a writer you apparently can't use them. This is even more evident in advertising because of the art based person being partnered with the writer. As far as I know, your regular computers are just as capable as a mac when it comes to image editing/design. I think a contributing factor to this stupid belief is the way designers/artists are trained in university.

They throw em' on macs.

 What a way to get an institution going. 


I actually think the new macbook is great for copywriters. It does everything I need to do, and it's good at doing so. Everything from the multitouch gestures to the intelligent light sensor is great. 

In fact if I was an art director, I'd probably be using a PC simply because it has more processing power and its easier to upgrade. 

So there. Don't be a hater. I use both a mac AND a PC. 

Macs for work, PCs for computer games etc. 

5 comments:

TianChad田七摄影 said...

How much does it cost ya?
It is good to have a MacBook :)
They can't be harmed by Windows Virus ;p

Especially Pendrive's Trojans

VNRP said...

Damn staight! There is not a single reason why macs could/are better for design what so ever (I use both), in reality there is no reason mac would be the "arty" computer..more of the industry design programs run on PC at this moment.. haha

The Ruud said...

永遇乐: They retail for 4.8 at any mac store, I got the smallest one because I have to be mobile.

Swedes: Exactly. People get so upset and look at me with furrowed brows when I tell em I use a mac. As if it's a sin.

Unknown said...

Think Macs are superior for film-editing, agree though that a large part of the design-stigma specifically comes from what people are educated on. Then again, advertiser, better branding from the Mac side of the niche in that case, no?

Also, way to make yourself blog ;)

Z

TianChad田七摄影 said...

Thanks for the info :)