Saturday, February 21, 2009

Twilight Action Girl 101

 

Right. So everyone who knows me well, knows that I'm at Barsonic every Friday for something I keep calling TAG.

 

 

WHAT IS TWILIGHT ACTION GIRL?

What began as a party night for a bunch of guys who couldn't get the music they wanted in clubs has become some huge fucking indie monster. 

An indie/electro night that happens every Friday @ Barsonic @ Zouk. Run by veterans of the industry, DJs Bunga, Chaseylain, Ah Xu and Ribut. Ah Xu also features in local electro duo LapSap.

Expect music from Johnny Cash - The Black Kids on the indie front. Stuff from DJ Barletta - Daft Punk on the electro half. 

Indie and electro go together very well, as you may have noticed.

 

 

 

BUT WHAT DO I WEAR?

It's an indie party. Pull out the t shirt, jeans, converse or any variation and you're good to go. If you're feeling adventurous you can go the electro route which is a mishmash of neon colours. You can see my crew is pretty traditional. 

 

 

 

IT'S A CLUB, WHERE'S THE BOOZE?

Pretty much all over the fucking place. Here's the deal. It's RM65 (bout 20 US dollars) for two fucking pitchers/jugs of some liqour combination. My poison? Vodka Redbull. Gives me wings*. You can tell the noobies from the veterans by what they're drinking. Bottle of whiskey on the table? Single glass in your hand? Oh my you must be new, drop that shit and let me buy you a round.

 

 

 

SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. YOU WORK IN ADVERTISING, YOU MUST BE A LIAR.

A lot of people who see our photos from TAG always ask how smashed we were. Yeah we may have had a couple dozen drinks, but honestly it's just so much fun we really are as happy as we look. Some of you might not appreciate indie/electro. But let me tell you this, most people become converts pretty easily. This is great, but also a problem because several women I used to date happen to frequent the venue after I bring them there. Moral of the story? Don't fuck where you party. Pick up and fuck somewhere else.

 

 HOW DO I START?

Bring your friends, drop the inhibitions, get the pitchers (they're two for one remember), sing along, pump your fists in the air and fucking rock out.

One love baby.

Everyone knows everyone and if you don't, you will eventually. It's the best party night I've ever been to and trust me I've been to parties. You're never gonna find another event that is as unpretentious as TAG.**

Drop by, say hi.

This is the hookup:

TAG facebook group

Barsonic facebook group

Gets you in for free once you join.

 

 

 

 *Having wings is great but eventually things go all wobbly and you're down quicker than Icarus. Mmmmm vodka.

**People you don't know will grab you and you will be kicking your feet in the air simultaneously singing along to Chelsea Dagger by The Fratellis. Then they will shove a pitcher of some liqour in your face and make you drink. The camraderie is documentable. And don't worry if you're trying to get laid, beautiful people are in abundance. Despite its humble roots, this is one of the hippest parties in the city. 

 

 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goddamn I miss our TAG days. We party once I get back kkk.

*pandaaa said...

Yeah!
TAG this Friday? =D
I'm buying this time, I owe you.

The Ruud said...

muchers: WHEN you get back that is -_-

Pandacakes: reaallllyy? Panda buying me drinks?

dsachiko said...

Gargh, I haven't been to TAG for nearly two years, ever since I had to leave Malaysia. Darn. Without a doubt, THE best Friday nights ever!

Love the post, brought back great memories!!! :) Do they still play Chelsea Dagger? :D