Saturday, July 19, 2008

Missed a party, hit a party

Last night was Friday. and unfortunately not everyone gets off early.

Walking through the agency halls on a Friday night is surreal. Everyone wants to escape from the grind and start the weekend, so by 7 p.m the corridors are empty. Any other day if you left at 7 people start quipping, "Half day ah?!".

So as I wandered about, all I heard were the soft steps of my shoes. I make this trek. From my room to the balcony, sometimes walking into the cube farm that is account servicing, and then back to the desk. I figure that the 5 minute round trip might trigger something. Sometimes it does.

Just my method of dealing with things. Trying to be creative on demand is like hitting your head on a brick wall over and over. Stuff pours out. Mostly gunk and and liquid. When that doesn't work, you take your battered skull and go walkabout. Or sit and ponder in a different location.

Anyway.

Missed out on the Onitsuka Tiger party last night. Mandachoe had the courtesy to text me and tell me about all the goodies I missed.

However.

Managed to get to TAG at a decent hour, where Amanda happened to be. Once again reminding me of the goodies I had missed out on. However, IN PERSON this time. -_-

Saw Kev again. Short American boy. Also saw my brother, and for the first time since I started work, we were in the same room for longer than 20 minutes. Party was good. What can I say man. I didn't take photos. Other people did. Sorta. I just realised I don't hang out with any camwhores. Ever since Jo left the agency I've noticed a 200% decrease of my photos being taken.

Oh my, I have to go to a party.

See you guys later.

2 comments:

pinkflyingpigs said...

haha...i was reading weina's blog,saw your blog on her list,read this article,saw your comment on since i left your photos have disappeared. hahahaha so funny! & slightly pathetic. don't you think? ;)

The Ruud said...

hahaha nola. i think it means i have to invest in a camera or something