Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Let's not talk about that

I think I talk about work a bit too much.

Although it's hard not to, seeing how most of us leave the office at midnight on average. Well not always, sometimes. Truth be told I could probably pop back for a bit, and then come back to the office when they need me. But one of the most depressing things to me is leaving the workplace and having to come back later.

See? Just can't stop talking about work.

Asked a friend once how come people in advertising talk about advertising so much. He said something along the lines of, "It helps us feel better than ordinary salesmen". I suppose it's true somewhat. The glitz and the glam take us away from the fact that we're really salesmen selling shit.

My views differ though. I figure that you spend 16 hours a day almost everyday on something, you're going to find it really hard to talk about something else. This year was the first time I didn't catch a single football game in EURO, since well... I started watching EURO.

So clearly all this stuff isn't worth it.

Fact is, it is.

I kind of like my job. The good and the bad. Some days are better than some, some days you feel like utter rubbish.

Well it's like 10 p.m here and I'm listening to massive attack, waiting to sign on some documents before I can head back -_-

I think I'll grab a beer from the fridge.

Laters

3 comments:

ExecutorAzmin said...

charming! :P Wish there was a beer in MY office fridge...

kd said...

i know what you mean.

Pouring your heart and soul for 2/3 of your day into something you are passionate about isnt such a bad thing though..and talking about it just helps the whole unwinding/recapping process which is why beers after work is such a big hit..

The Ruud said...

azmin: work in advertising with a beer account :P

sassy: it helps when you're in love with what you do :) and I agree! beers help!!