Monday, December 29, 2008

UPHOLSURGERY

I want to fucking cut up my Ikea pillows and find out why they are so soft.

They say it's downfeather.

I don't know if I should feel guilty.

Isn't that like killing a bird and defeathering it for the sake of my comfort?


I feel like an absolute college student farming wiki for info but it says:

Down can be collected in a variety of ways. Birds which provide the feathers may be used for other purposes, for example to provide meat. Some birds are killed solely for their down, while some birds (particularly some geese) are periodically live-plucked of their breast feathers. Some birds, such as the eider duck, line their nests with down, and such down is harvested safely after the young leave the nest.

I dunno which method Ikea uses. They're all Swedish hippies anyway right? My karma should be in good stead.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and your IKEA -_-

Anonymous said...

down feather pillow sux

it sinks and becomes flat eventually

The Ruud said...

Kev: Shh, secret.

Dan: Yeah that's why I've got the spare. Bring me a good one from Sydney.